The Proof is in the Plants : How science shows a plant-based diet could save your life (and the planet)
The good news is that evidence now shows a plant-based diet may offer us exactly that - and straight-talking nutritionist Simon Hill has done the hard work translating the science into actionable advice for everyday life.
Before transitioning to a plant-based diet Simon held many of the common misconceptions. But instead he experienced incredible improvements in his energy levels, digestion, mental clarity and post-workout recovery after making the shift. He'd finally understood the power of food and was determined to find out - and share - the agenda-free truth about the optimum diet for human health.
By undertaking a master's degree in nutrition, poring over the latest scientific papers and books, and producing hundreds of hours of his internationally successful Plant Proof podcast, Simon has pursued the answers to all the questions he had about fuelling our bodies with more plants. Now, in his first book, he brings it all together into one inspiring and practical guide.
- The reasons why we're all so confused about what to eat
- The evidence showing how a plant-based diet might reduce risks of heart attacks and strokes, type 2 diabetes, cancer and dementia
- The positive impact of plant-based living for the climate and animal welfare
- Common myths about a plant-based diet - and what the real facts are
- How to build a healthy, satisfying plant-based plate, from macronutrients to micronutrients
- Practical tips for making the shift, and much more.
If you want to understand and unlock the many benefits of putting more plants on your plate, this book is for you.
- Paperback | 416 pages
- 1 x 1 x 1mm
- 04 May 2021
- Penguin Books Australia
- Penguin Life Australia
People who bought this also bought
20 Apr 2021
01 Apr 1995
16 Feb 2021
Bestsellers in Dietetics & Nutrition
31 Dec 2019
01 Jan 2017
16 Sep 2020
31 May 2017
03 Nov 2020
27 Dec 2018
03 Mar 2016
Un día, una comida : el método japonés para estar más saludable, prevenir enfermedades y rejuvenecer
15 Jan 2019
05 Mar 2018
17 Nov 2020
05 Feb 2018
About Simon Hill